About the Journal
General: Iraqi National Journal of Medicine (IqNJM) is peer-reviewed, open access, a biannual publication with a single volume, and two issues. The journal is published by the Iraqi Association for Medical Research and Studies (IAMRS).
Aim: IqNJM aims are to support the research community and promote conducting high-standard scientific research in Iraq and the region, facilitating the development of medical research, education and health services and providing an opportunity to authors to their work widely spread and increase the visibility of it by open access policy, to make Iraqi and regional scientific work available to the widest possible global audience so Researchers all over the world can evaluate it and use that data to have a more global scientific view. IqNJM tries to achieve its goal by the following measures:
- Authors support and Author friendly policy.
- Free of charge submission, reviewing, biostatistical evaluation, plagiarism scanning, proofreading, publication, and printing
- Author-friendly submission policy makes it easy for the Author whether to communicate with us via email, WhatsApp, or others.
- Peer review, acceptance, and publication time range from 3-6months
- implementing the Research and Publication ethics by creating an Ethical committee in the Iraqi Association for Medical research and studies (IAMRS) & IqNJM that is reviewing the Author’s Documents and papers Provided by institutional Ethical committees and manuscripts for errors in these fields and ensuring that the paper is the fulfilment of the highest world Research Ethic’s standards According to Helsinki declaration, ARRIVE (Animals in Research: Reporting In Vivo Experiments) statement, rules of the National Institution of Health (NIH) in the care and use of animal in medical research, and the Core Practice Guidelines of COPE for publication Ethics.
- The journal is working hard to be indexed in the widest indexing sites in the world. After it has been indexed in the official Iraqi indexing site the Iraqi Academic Scientific journals IASJ and international indexing in EBSCO it is also Archived and receiving DOI from Crossref, the journal is working to be included in DOAJ, PubMed, and Scopus.
- IqNJM has the Open Journal System to facilitate the transparency of its work.
Scope: The IqNJM covers all fields of medicine with a special interest in publications with clinical relevance. Basic sciences/ experimental studies are also welcomed, the journal is accepting a wide range of scientific work like original articles (including randomized controlled trials, intervention studies, studies of screening and diagnostic tests, outcome studies, cost-effectiveness analyses, case-control series and surveys with high response rate), review of literature and meta-analysis, Cohort studies, Clinical trials, case series and case reports, ideas and innovations, letters to the editor, Discussions. IqNJM is targeting national, regional, and international research and is directed to a worldwide Audience.
Open Access: This is an open-access journal, published as an online and paper version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Ethics of publication: The journal follows the international standards of publication according to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), Office of Research Integrity (ORI), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), and World Association of Medical Editors (WAME).
First-time users will have to register at this site. Registration is FREE but mandatory. Registered authors can keep track of their articles after logging into the site using their username and password.
Authors can use Email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp ( 009647801336393 or 009647721669983) or other social media to communicate with the journal office.